Looking for a delicious, easy & romantic meal to cook for your better half? But you’re stuck because you are Gluten-Free and they are not? Have no fear; we have the perfect date night main & desert that will be mouth-watering for you both and, better yet, your date will be none the wiser!
A yummy, hearty stir fry full of colourful vegetables with a zesty
dressing to tingle your taste buds – cook in 35 mins
Rich, fresh mango moose; the perfect match for a
vibrant tasty stir-fry – cook in 5!
What you need:
- 100g dried Quinoa
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Thumb-sized ginger, grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Half tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- Small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1cm/half slices
- 100g green beans, tailed and cut in half
- 1 large courgette (250g approx.), sliced
- I guess you can’t have a stir fry without a drop of Soy Sauce
- And if you want to jazz it up even more…. Spin in some Noodles
And for the dressing:
- Zest & juice 2 limes
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Half a garlic clove, crushed
- Half tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
How you do it:
- Cook the Quinoa following pack instructions and then leave it to cool
- Grab a large frying pan or wok; pour in sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander and Fry on medium-high heat for 2 mins until moisture starts to evaporate. Then, add 3 tbsp water. Leave to fry for 1 min more, add the pepper and fry for another 2
- Add 4 tbsp water, then, after 2 mins add the green beans and 125ml water
- 2 mins later, add courgette, 125ml water and leave to cook for 3, taking off of the heat when the time is up.
Now for the finishing touch…
- Make the dressing by putting all of the ingredients into a jug & whisking until silky smooth
- Mix the Quinoa into the veg, add the dressing and then mix together with the sesame seeds
- Stir through the coriander to serve
- Then for an added extra if you’re feeling adventurous, twirl in the noodles to finish
What you need:
- 2 medium to large ripe mangoes
- 1 packet gelatine (3 tsp)
- Half cup hot water
- A third cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of good-quality coconut milk
How you do it:
- Your mangoes should be bright orange or yellow and fairly soft. Scoop out the fruit, including all around the stone – get every last bit!
- Place the food in a food processor, or blender, and blitz to create a smooth mango puree. Leave it in the processor/blender
- Heat up the required amount of water in a saucepan until it reaches boiling point. Remove it from the heat and whilst you stir the water, sprinkle the gelatine over the surface of the water. At this stage, make sure you stir briskly in order to not end up with any lumps
- Add the sugar to the hot water & gelatine mixture, stir to dissolve
- Then, add this mixture into the mango mix waiting for you in the blender. Add in the coconut milk & blitz briefly until all of the ingredients are one
- Pour into a cocktail glass (since it’s a special occasion) and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 – so you can do it ahead of time ready for your chilled evening in).
- Once you’re ready for a sweet dessert, serve cold with fresh fruit – a date night is never a date night without strawberries!!
It’s as easy as that! Surprise your better half with these easy, healthy recipes & make it a night in to remember, but make sure to keep the gluten-free ingredients between us….
For more Gluten-Free deliciousness to discover, click here.